Hello PTCMW Members and Friends!
Please take a look at the research opportunity below and contact our fellow PTCMW member, Crystal Jones, for additional details.
Study Title: From Working Woman to Working Mother: A Qualitative Study on Identity Transformation and the Role of Emotional Intelligence
Crystal Jones, Ph.D. Candidate - Northcentral University
Hi! I am so thankful for our PTCMW community and their support of this endeavor.
First let me share a little bit about myself. My husband and I are both active-duty military. I have served for over 23 years. We have three daughters ranging from 10 years old to 21 years old. I have been steadily working on my PhD for over 7 years. One class at a time with breaks here and there. I am so excited to finally start this study!
Now a little bit about the study:
The purpose of this study is to contribute to emotional intelligence (EI) theory during the monumental change from a working woman to a working mother. This study is to help improve organizational cultures, increase female talent retention, improve women's comprehensive wellness, and increase understanding about support service to help with the development of and transition from a working woman to a working mother identity.
Study Purpose: Understand the role of EI in the experience of the development of and transition to a working mother identity to include in relation to work-life balance and support services.
You may participate in this research if you meet all of the following criteria:
1. You are 18 years old or older
2. You returned to work after the birth of your 1st child
3. You currently returned to work three to six months after maternity leave
4. You currently work 30 or more hours per week
note: to meet the three to six month window in bullet 3 of the eligibility criteria, participants must have returned back to work between August 1, 2021-November 1, 2021 for interviews in February 2022 and returned back to work between September 1, 2021-December 1, 2021 for interviews in March 2022.
I hope to include 15 to 20 people in this research.
If you decide to participate in this study, you will be asked to do the following activities:
1. Complete an online demographic survey in Qualtrics for 2-5 minutes
2. Write three online journal entries, aiming for 150+ words for approximately 10-15 minutes each in Qualtrics
3. Participate in a 1:1 online interview over Zoom for approximately an hour
4. Review your interview transcript for 15 minutes and provide feedback via email
During these activities, you will be asked questions about:
· Your age, marital status, income, and education-level
· Your experience developing your identities as a pregnant woman, mother, and working mother
· Your experience transitioning from a working woman to a working mother
After you complete your three journal entries, you will receive a $25 pre-paid Visa gift card via email and an additional $25 pre-paid Visa gift card via email after the interview.
I would love for you or others that you know to share personal lived experience about the development of and transition to a working mother identity.
See attached flyer, feel free to share with others and reach out to me at email@example.com, send me a DM, or simply drop a note below if you are interested in being a part of this.