Emergency Services Consulting International (ESCI), Human Capital Division
Location: Chantilly, VA
How to Apply: Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization:
As the consulting arm of the International Association of Fire Chiefs, Emergency Services Consulting International (ESCI) has reliably met the needs of emergency services agencies for over 40 years and is a national leader in fire, EMS, communications and law enforcement consulting. Find out more about ESCI at www.esci.us.
The ESCI-Human Capital Division specializes in selection, promotion, and training for public safety clients and is seeking a punctual, organized and enthusiastic individual for an I/O Associate position. The Human Capital Division is based out of Chantilly, Virginia.
Position Overview:As an I/O Associate, you will partner on the development and implementation of human capital projects, including selection and training.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research
- Conduct job analysis interviews and observations
- Develop surveys
- Develop selection measures (assessment centers, multiple-choice exams, interviews, video-based testing, situational judgment tests)
- Administer assessment center exercises
- Develop training programs
- Conduct and lead training
- Process and analyze data using a variety of data analysis tools including Microsoft Excel and SPSS
- Produce reports/materials for client deliverables
- Assist with community meetings and strategic planning workshops
This role will work independently on a number of projects as well as cooperatively with senior consultants and project managers.
Salary and Benefits:
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in I/O Psychology or related field (Leadership, Organization Behavior, Human Resource Management)
- Strong quantitative skills required, including experience with SPSS, other statistical packages
- Ability to create complex documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience in technical writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic consulting principles
- Ability to meet multiple demands and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well and communicate with others within the organization
- Must have reliable transportation
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
- ESCI offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, disability, paid-time off, 401K, and other employee benefits.