Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a statement of interest and resume to OCCWorkforcePlanning@occ.treas.gov.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), an independent branch of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, charters, regulates, and supervises all national banks and federal savings associations as well as federal branches and agencies of foreign banks. Our mission is to ensure that national banks and federal savings associations operate in a safe and sound manner, provide fair access to financial services, treat customers fairly, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
OCC is seeking an unpaid Industrial-Organizational Psychology Intern to work between 8-10 hours/week for a 3-month period during the Spring Semester of 2022. The internship will be virtual to ensure the safety of the intern and OCC staff. That means that intern will be working from their remote location and will receive an OCC-issued laptop to complete project work. The virtual internship will provide various learning and networking opportunities intended to help the selected intern enhance skills and build lasting professional connections.
- The I-O Psychology Intern will work as part of a team with experienced Personnel Psychologists on one or more projects, with responsibilities that may include:
- Assisting in creating structured interview content and behaviorally anchored rating scales (BARS)
- Developing occupational questionnaire items with customized rating scales
- Aligning occupational questionnaire content to competencies
- Working collaboratively on training and informational materials geared toward educating federal hiring managers and Human Resources Specialists on personnel selection issues
- Contributing to job analysis/competency modeling projects
- Enrolled in an I/O Psychology master’s or doctoral program
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy when writing/reviewing written content
- Fundamental understanding of job analysis
- Fundamental understanding of competency modeling
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite or the equivalent (word processing, spreadsheets)
All Applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.