Workforce Planning Manager (R023761)
Federal Reserve Board
How to Apply
Official website: www.federalreserve.gov/careers
About the Job
Job Posting Period
10/10/2023 - 11/10/2023
Workforce Planning Manager
TITLE: Workforce Planning Manager
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
BENEFIT INFORMATION: https://www.federalreserve.gov/careers-benefits.htm
The Workforce Planning manager will serve as the subject matter expert for Board-wide strategic workforce planning and will facilitate efforts with Board HR and executive leadership teams to develop talent management strategies that will attract, develop and retain a world-class, agile workforce that will meet the current and future needs of the Board. This role plays a critical role in ensuring that all workforce development initiatives across the Board are coordinated, integrated and aligned with the strategic plans of the Board and Divisions. This role will measure and evaluate the overall performance and results of these programs, and foster strategic foresight within Board leadership teams to ensure a skilled workforce and a strong employment brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Board-wide workforce planning strategies and approaches that are aligned with
- Board’s strategic plan and workforce requirements.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, the incumbent will build and direct the day to day operations of the workforce planning team to support Division-specific high priority initiatives to ensure strategic alignment at the Board and Division level.
- Manage the workforce planning team including the responsibility for performance management of direct reports (coaching, providing feedback, setting goals, and objectives etc.)
- Lead and participate in various committees and task forces and work collaboratively with HR leadership teams to develop strategies for identifying and developing executive and high potential employees, succession planning and talent acquisition.
- Work in partnership with HR Business Partners and Divisions to understand their business, develop workforce plans and strategies to achieve their objectives to address workforce needs and organizational goals.
- Work in collaboration with the Workforce Analytics Team and HR Information Services (ASAP) to develop the reporting tools, implement monitoring and reporting processes and deliver timely responses to reporting requirements.
- Serve as an internal consultant/advisor to HR (Talent Acquisition, Organization Development & Learning, Workforce Analytics, Compensation), HR Information Services, and Management Strategic Planning office in the understanding of workforce planning best practices, developing workforce plans and scenarios, analyzing workforce data, and identification of workforce modeling tools, systems and methodologies.
- Develop and implement HR workforce planning policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure integration and alignment across HR programs.
- Develop and deliver reports and presentations to HR & business leaders on workforce trends and metrics that impact business outcomes.
- In collaboration with HR Analytics team, establish appropriate protocols to ensure effective collection, validation, analysis, interpretation and reporting of workforce planning data; mobilize and measure the efforts around workforce planning goals; and provide the subject matter expertise in developing key performance indicators, talent metrics and predictive analytics.
- Participate in local and national workforce planning networks and groups to develop and share best practice with colleagues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A seasoned human resources professional with a Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent work experience and six years of human resources experience. Superior consultative skills and the demonstrated ability to work as a business partner. Proven ability utilizing various testing and measurement tools to validate and evaluate the effectiveness of programs. Proven abilities in the area of leadership that drives higher degrees of organizational effectiveness. Demonstrated ability designing, selecting, and integrating programs, both internal and external in an organization. Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills in order to effectively provide advice and counsel to a wide range of clients. Ability to manage and influence those not under direct authority. Strong project management and problem-solving skills, utilizing technical expertise and good business judgment in support of operational and strategic objectives. Ability to work with and lead through multiple priorities. Ability to simplify complex analysis that delivers comprehensive understanding and actionable recommendations. PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.This position is hybrid, requiring a combination of telework and an in-office presence in Washington, DC.