Global Skills X-Change (GSX)
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
GSX is a veteran-owned firm that designs, implements, and manages innovative workforce strategies and solutions that enable organizations to better leverage people to meet current and future workforce challenges. GSX provides a suite of human capital solutions that support a competency-driven talent pipeline for education, private, and public enterprises.
Our mission is to define, measure, and optimize people’s knowledge, skills, and abilities. Our innovative tools enable organizational leaders to make better decisions about people, leading to actions that create enduring impact. To that end, we are committed to ensuring individual performance and organizational readiness now and in the future.
About the Job
GSX is looking to hire an Industrial Psychologist with an active TS/SCI clearance for a full-time position supporting professional certification programs within the Department of Defense.
At GSX, teamwork skills are a must to work in our collaborative environment and your ability to adapt to changes and show initiative will be a key to your success in this position. A keen attention to detail and the ability to solve complex problems will enhance your capability to address our clients’ concerns and implement solutions. Your polished time management and project management skills will be tested when adhering to timelines, deliverables, and milestones.
Primary Duties include
• Conduct data analysis on assessments (i.e., pilot-tests, production versions, ongoing maintenance) and surveys (e.g., item-level, test-level, demographics, etc.)
• Develop assessment items and exams for certification programs
• Assist with the development and execution of certification assessments so all aspects are compliant with major third-party accreditation standards (e.g., NCCA)
• Apply knowledge of general industrial/organizational psychology practices (e.g., job analysis, training and development, legal issues, etc.) to execute, manage, or advise on technical projects
• Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making when providing solutions to clients considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions on certification implementation and maintenance
• Build and maintain excellent client relationships
• Apply active learning to understand the implications of new information when developing credential solutions to meet client needs, wants, and constraints (i.e., analyze client needs and requirements to create a viable solution while remaining in compliance with industry best practices and NCCA accreditation standards)
• Conduct literature reviews and develop reports for research projects, including reviewing academic and business literature
• Write technical reports and orally present findings to internal staff and/or clients
• Mentor and develop junior staff
• Contribute to proposals and other efforts to develop business
• Focus your honed written communication skills to develop visual representations of data analysis for client deliverables and presentations, to prepare technical reports, validation documents and official documentation in support of the defensibility of high stakes assessments
• our skillful ability to communicate will help to facilitate meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Thought Leaders to support project needs (e.g., test development, certification program development, certification reporting, etc.) and to make client presentations, coordinate examination review committees, and participate in professional organizations
Experience working with IBM SPSS Statistics & Microsoft Excel
• Must be well versed in measurement principles, test construction, and test validation.
• Three (3) years of experience in executing analysis efforts and providing expert input within their associated field.
• Three (3) years in guiding other team members in the execution of the criterion-referenced test development process.
• Two (2) years experience with reporting and/or data analytics.
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Master's degree in industrial/organizational psychology from an accredited university.
• Three (3) years of experience in analyzing functions of classified work and capability modeling, integrating skill standards based upon competencies into workforce development strategies.
• Three (3) years of experience in analyzing functions of DoD Intelligence and Security classified work and capability modeling, integrating DoD skill standards and competencies into workforce development strategies.
• Preferred experience with Winsteps.
Please note that GSX requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GSX accommodates individuals with qualifying disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs that conflict with its vaccine mandate, provide the accommodations does not pose an undue hardship. Applicants who believe they are entitled to an accommodation should request and exemption after a conditional offer of employment has been made. Requests for exemptions from GSX vaccine mandate are considered on a case-by-case basis.