People and Organization Transformation Business Development and Sales Leader
How to Apply
Click the following link: People and Organization Transformation Business Development and Sales Leader in Reston, Virginia, United States of America | Business Development at ICF
About the Job
ICF seeks an experienced Business Development and Sales professional to support our rapidly expanding portfolio of work across the federal government providing human capital, training, HR analytics/automation and workplace infrastructure services, specifically focused on HHS/FDA, US Treasury Department, and DHS/CISA. The individual will drive new revenue, expand our pipeline through opportunity identification and qualification, and partner with our Line of Business Leader to refine our strategy and collaboratively win new work in this market.
The position will report to the Vice President Line of Business Leader for the People, Process, and Program Performance Team (P4). Ideally, this role will be based in the Washington DC area as a hybrid position. Remote candidates with exceptional qualifications and experience may be considered. Travel to client sites, ICF offices, and conferences will be required.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
- Develop and implement growth strategy in collaboration with Line of Business and Portfolio Leaders.
- Lead and/or support qualification of new opportunities by (1) connecting (either personally or via other staff within the business) with potential clients and contracting officers (2) collecting competitive intelligence, and (3) conducting opportunity research with support from market research team to develop win strategies.
- Expand the opportunity pipeline by identifying new opportunities in partnership with the market research team.
- Participate in all phases of capture for new strategic opportunities through client engagement, partner engagement, and solution development to enhance win probability.
- Lead capture efforts for smaller, high potential new opportunities.
- Contribute to solution development and client engagement for recompetes.
- Participate in color team reviews for proposals.
- Inform development of marketing strategy.
- Leverage existing and build new relationships to expand ICF’s network and reputation with federal clients and potential partners through active participation in industry events, conferences, and individual meetings.
- Progressive career growth, with 10+ years of experience in federal business development and sales in the human capital and organizational performance space while employed at a professional services firm.
- Demonstrated experience achieving sales of at least $10M per year (funded value) in each of the past 3 years in the human capital space.
- Success in capture of new opportunities through development of client relationships, solution, teaming strategy, recruitment strategy, and competitive intelligence gathering, including ultimately developing proposal strategy and coaching proposal writers as demonstrated in at least 3 contract wins >$10M each during the past 5 years.
- Pipeline management experience as demonstrated through simultaneous management of opportunities at all stages of the growth lifecycle totaling at least $150M of potential annual sales for opportunities actively being qualified or in capture, in each of the past 3 years.
- Experience qualifying opportunities, preparing executive briefing materials, and developing a notional win strategy to secure capture and proposal resources for at least 3 opportunities >$10M.
- Relationships with federal Chief Human Capital Officers/ Chief Information Officers and their staff and proven ability to develop relationships where none exist.
- Proven experience developing partnerships, negotiating agreements, and collaboratively working with other firms to secure new work.
- Ability to lead and support business intelligence gathering and market analysis.
- Progressive career growth, with 10+ years of experience in federal business development and sales at Department of Treasury, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, or Food and Drug Administration, in the human capital and organizational performance space while employed at a professional services firm
- 15+ years of experience developing business, achieving sales, and delivering work to expand human capital business through relationships developed with both Chief Human Capital Officers/ Chief Information Officers and their staff, federal program managers, and procurement officials.
- Advanced degree in human resources management, HRIT, HR analytics, business, engineering, industrial and organizational psychology (I/O) or similar social science field.
- Experience in one or more subject areas: Workforce Development, Learning and Development (L&D), HR Transformation, Cyber Workforce, Training, Human Capital, Leadership Development, Change Management, Integrated People and Workforce Performance, HR Consulting, Data Analytics and/or automated assessments in personnel research.
About the Organization
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$166,964.00 - $283,839.00
Reston, VA (VA30)