Organizational Design Analyst
United States Postal Service
How to Apply
About the Job
External Publication for Job Posting 11580177
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
12/05/2023 - 12/12/2023
ORGANIZATION DESIGN ANALYST
475 LENFANT PLZ SW
WASHINGTON, DC 20260-0004
Reimbursement of relocation expenses will be authorized.
TITLE: ORGANIZATION DESIGN ANALYST
GRADE: EAS - 21
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 0201-0317
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Saturday/Sunday HOURS: 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M.
NB11659059SALARY RANGE: 81,250.00 - 95,625.00 USD Annually
FINANCE NUMBER: 102029
BENEFIT INFORMATION: The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position. If you are a military veteran, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy #4) to your application under the Veterans Preference tab. Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System. Applicants must be age 18 at the time of hire (or age 16 with a high school diploma). All applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this employment opportunity. Paper or Emailed Applications for Employment will not be accepted in person or by email. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list right away to allow correspondence, especially if you use SPAM blocking software, use a yahoo or gmail account, or use a work or military email address! @usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity. Newly appointed EAS Grade employees are subject to a 1-year probationary period. Applicants must demonstrate in writing the requirements listed on the announcement through a combination of education, training and experience. You may use both your Summary of Accomplishments and description of duties (under Work Experience) to address each of the requirements listed.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation, the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding 5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only, but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S. government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Performs activities in support of organization diagnosis, development and redesign projects.
1. Gathers and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data collected through the use of various job analysis techniques (e.g., interviews, focus groups). Captures, organizes, and synthesizes data into categories to identify tends and recurring topics.
2. Researches and collects information on industry best practices relevant to organization and job design projects.
3. Presents data analysis results in a clear and comprehensive manner that identifies themes and provides recommendations for potential challenges.
4. Develops team mandates and job role outlines to support the definition of work within an organization.
5. Prepares materials for each stage in the organization design roadmap including definition of design criteria, structure development, process definition, reward systems and employees.
6. Assists in the facilitation of strategy sessions and design workshops by leading group activities developed to support brainstorming, documenting current/future states and generating new ideas. Provides technical guidance and support to customers in defining and responding to questions concerning organization design techniques and processes.
7. Uses a human resource management information system to enter, maintain and retrieve organizational structures and staffing. Develops and maintains organizational charts using computer software programs.
8. Develops foundational knowledge of the Galbraith organizational design Star Model through hands on application of design projects.
Mgr Organization Design
1. Skill using word-processing and spreadsheet software to compile and analyze data and document and summarize analysis.
2. Ability to communicate in writing to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees and internal customers at all levels of the organization.
4. Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of organization design.
5. Ability to conduct job analysis, collect information and data, perform analysis, evaluate findings, and develop recommendations and alternatives.
6. Ability to communicate orally to solicit and exchange information; provide technical guidance and support to customers related to organization design techniques and processes.
7. Ability to analyze qualitative data by organizing and breaking it down into smaller components to identify commonalities, trends, and cause- effect relationships to assist in problem solving and decision making.
** This position requires a NACI clearance. This process can take up to 6 weeks from the date the offer letter is returned. ** This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are applying for. You will receive two email confirmations: 1. An email confirming your profile is complete. 2. After submitting your application you will receive a second email confirming your application has been successfully submitted. For information, please contact Sakenia Williams at Talent@usps.gov.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans' preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.