Organizational Design Consultant
United States Postal Service
How to Apply
About the Job
External Publication for Job Posting 11580175
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
12/05/2023 - 12/12/2023
ORGANIZATION DESIGN CONSULTANT
475 LENFANT PLZ SW
WASHINGTON, DC 20260-0004
Reimbursement of relocation expenses will be authorized.
TITLE: ORGANIZATION DESIGN CONSULTANT
GRADE: EAS - 23 F
LSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 0201-0065
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Saturday/Sunday HOURS: 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M. N
B11659057SALARY RANGE: 89,030.00 - 107,380.00 USD Annually
FINANCE NUMBER: 102029
BENEFIT INFORMATION: The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position. If you are a military veteran, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy #4) to your application under the Veterans Preference tab. Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System. Applicants must be age 18 at the time of hire (or age 16 with a high school diploma). All applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this employment opportunity. Paper or Emailed Applications for Employment will not be accepted in person or by email. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list right away to allow correspondence, especially if you use SPAM blocking software, use a yahoo or gmail account, or use a work or military email address! @usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity. Newly appointed EAS Grade employees are subject to a 1-year probationary period. Applicants must demonstrate in writing the requirements listed on the announcement through a combination of education, training and experience. You may use both your Summary of Accomplishments and description of duties (under Work Experience) to address each of the requirements listed.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation, the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding 5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only, but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S. government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Leads organization design projects to improve productivity, drive efficiencies and realize cost savings throughout the organization. Implements organizational structure and staffing changes, develops and evaluates staffing criteria, and implements organizational changes.
1. Manages comprehensive organization diagnosis, design and redesign projects. Researches and collects information relevant to organization and job design.
2. Facilitates group discussions through interventions, strategy sessions and design workshops with internal business customers to provide direction and guidance to leaders as they develop future state organizations that support business objectives.
3. Consults with internal customers at all levels of the organization to provide technical expertise on all aspects of organization design.
4. Leads customers through the diagnosis and design processes to support the identification and definition of performance and and business objectives, and underlying issues to support the development of solutions responsive to long range human resource related needs.
5. Evaluates and describes the implications of organizational changes to processes, employees, and systems. Recommends modifications to implementation plans to maximize effectiveness and minimize risk of organizational changes. Identifies and works with appropriate stakeholders to gain consensus and resolve issues prior to implementation.
6. Facilitates the development of end-to-end solutions of human resources issues raised by customers or identified during organization design projects. Acts as liaison among customers, other human resources units, and cross functional organizations in the resolution of job and organizational change issues.
7. Functions as primary point of contact and builds trust and effective relationships with assigned customer groups.
8. Uses a human resource management information system to enter, maintain and retrieve job and position information and create and maintain organizational structures. Develops and maintains organizational charts using computer software programs.
9. Gathers, defines, synthesizes, and analyzes quantifiable data in support of HR strategic initiatives. Identifies anomalies, outliers, patterns and trends in complex data sets and develops and maintains metrics and reports.
10. Generates ideas and provides insight for continuous improvement ensuring the organization stays relevant and adaptable to the industry; shares insights for new OD processes and programs to evaluate the organization.
Mgr Organization Design
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
1. Ability to evaluate staffing structures, including the realignment of functions and reporting relationships and to determine the appropriate mix of positions.
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees and internal customers at all levels of organization and in different functions.
3. Ability to communicate in writing to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations for executive review.
4. Ability to manage projects including setting objectives, developing and implementing plans, and monitoring progress.
5. Skill using word-processing and spreadsheet software to compile and analyze data, document and summarize analysis, and present recommendations.
6. Ability to provide technical guidance and support to customers in defining and responding to organization design requirements and issues, and to deliver training and presentations.
7. Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of job design and evaluation at a level sufficient to conduct complex job and organizational reviews.
8. Knowledge of organizational assessment and design principles sufficient to evaluate and recommend staffing structures and criteria.
9. Ability to conduct research, collect information and data, perform complex data analysis, evaluate findings, and develop recommendations and alternatives regarding staffing, and organization design projects.
** This position requires a NACI clearance. This process can take up to 6 weeks from the date the offer letter is returned. ** This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are applying for. You will receive two email confirmations: 1. An email confirming your profile is complete. 2. After submitting your application you will receive a second email confirming your application has been successfully submitted. For information, please contact Sakenia Williams at Talent@usps.gov.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans' preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.